Sunday, August 24, 2008

Love!

Anyone who knows me, knows that I hate physical affection in public. Maybe I am afraid that people are wondering how on earth anyone could be attracted to a "fat girl"...or maybe I am afraid that someone's hand on my back will draw more attention to the ridges and ripples along my bra line. Who knows? My most embarrassing moment is when my boyfriend, which is now my husband, wanted to surprise me with a song. Being sung to is embarrassing enough, but he also took the time to gather his family and me around the dinner table. He proceeded to sing me a love song and then when the song was over, reached in his pocket and pulled out a necklace. Anyone would be thrilled to recieve such an act of devotion and love, but not me. I already knew what was next. He wanted to lovingly put the necklace around my neck, just like in a movie, and declare his undying love. His family gathered to watch, he put the necklace around me. My heart dropped and my face became flush.....there was no hiding. The link and the clasp were no where near each other. It wouldn't even fit enough to be a choker.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

My rings don't fit anymore after 17 years of marriage, so on they stay - if they ever need to come off for surgery or something, they'll just have to take the finger instead! (But my husband doesn't even where his wedding ring, or the one I got for our anniversary that was bigger because he's needing to drop a few - ok, more than a few!) But it does make me feel bad that my hot babe of a husband won't/can't where his wedding band. At least by the time this new 8 week diet program I've started with some friends at church will be enough to at least take my rings off. I'm sure my fingers need to be cleaned under there!