While I am thinking of embarrassing moments and since the holidays are quickly approaching.....I have to share one more thing. Now mom, I know you are going to die that I am even writing stuff like this for everyone to read, but that is what this blog is all about......purging! So now that I am finished with the disclaimer.....the holidays were approaching and my husband and I had a brief conversation about gifts. I told him it might be nice to get something special like lingerie. Now this is where men and women clearly need to communicate a little better. I was picturing something black, silky, classy. He was not. Christmas Eve came around and my husband handed me a gift-wrapped box. I knew what it would be, so I tried to act surprised and carefully opened the box. I soon realized I didn't need to act.....I was mortified. Inside the box lay a Mrs. Claus teddy, complete with white fur around the bustline! This might be the ideal thing for a cute and petite wife, but on a double-wide wifey all it would look like was someone's been eatin' all of Santas cookies!!!! I cried and cried and of course never wore it. My husband even tried to take it back, which was really embarrassing I am sure..... A few years past and with time, humor always replaces sadness. We were sitting around thinking about that Christmas and I even thought about putting it on as a joke. I could see something strange in my husband's eyes as we reminisced....and then he blurted it out. "I forgot to get the lingerie box out of the attic before we moved!!!!!" We both just died laughing as we envisioned the poor couple that would have to find the double XL Mrs. Claus suit.....at least I never wore it!!!!!
Friday, September 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
I'll have to admit I think I received one of those "special" gifts once upon a time. You're right...laughter replaces sadness overtime. At least our hubbies mean well and really want to make us feel good about ourselves.
Post a Comment